DronePortal, that’s the name of the indoor drone spectacle that will take place on April 10th at “DronePort” in Brustem, Limburg. Drone racers from all around the benelux will come fly their camera-equiped drones though a fully decorated course to search out out who’s the quickest of all of them.44 pilots will go face to face with their home-constructed drones.
We are going to present large TV screens for spectators to see what the pilots see of their goggles and be immersed into the motion-packed battle. Individuals concerned about drone-racing and/or novice pilots may have the chance to see the professionals at work and also have a meet and greet with them after the event. Spectators will get an opportunity to fly a racing drone within the Belgian drone-racing simulator Liftoff contained in the superior GameMania tourbus.
The objective for this occasion shouldn’t be solely to pick the first of 5 pilots to win a ticket to the ERSA Euro Cup in Spain and Drone Worlds in Hawaii later this 12 months, but in addition to point out individuals what an unbelievable sport drone-racing is. Drones should not be identified for warfare or privateness considerations, but forracing!
Everyone is welcome. Entrance for spectators is completely free!
What to expect
- netting between the observe and the spectator space (safety first!)
- a loopy, totally decorated track
- a bunch of cool prizes
- three large screens (2 for spectators and 1 within the pit space for pilots) with dwell video editing
- live music by DJ Denim (Versuz Hasselt) and DJ Gill (Reflex Club Westerlo)
- Red Bull surprise
- meals truck
- afterparty / meet-and-greet with the pilots
Address (zoom in on the map to see the exact location)
Spectators: Through the qualification rounds, most pilots will take it easy just to get to know the track and search for the proper flow by the track. The beginning of the event at 13:00 is the sweetspot to come back and benefit from the spectacle as pilots will likely be flying fast by the track in an effort to proceed although the tournament. The stakes are excessive and risks shall be taken! In fact you can also come at noon and have lunch with the pilots and crew.
- 08:00 – Pilots welcome
- 08:20 – Doorways open
- 08:40 – Registration / Technical verify / Frequency planning
- 09:30 – Qualification round 1
- 10:30 – Qualification round 2 / Spectators welcome
- 11:30 – Tiebreakers
- 12:00 – Lunch (meals and drinks will probably be on the market)
- 13:00 – Double elimination, single final tournament
- 18:00 – Prizes and dinner (meals and drinks will likely be on the market)
- 18:20 – Afterparty / meet-and-greet with the pilots
- 19:30 – Finish
All pilots get 2 qualification rounds. These are flown in teams of four. The aim is to finish as many laps inside a hard and fast timeframe (in all probability three or four minutes, to be determined as soon as we now have testflown the observe ourselves). Incomplete laps don’t depend, flying three,ninety nine rounds counts as three. Whenever you miss a gate, it’s a must to return for it. Not doing so will end in that lap not being counted.
After 2 qualification rounds, your greatest consequence count. In case of equal scores, the sum of your 2 qualification rounds shall be used. If that ends in ex aequo’s as effectively, these pilots should fly a tie-breaker (2 laps, winner goes on to the match).
The sixteen pilots with the perfect rating will go on to compete in a double elimination, single remaining event for awesome prizes.
Technical details for pilots
- This qualifier shall be flown by the FAI guidelines (accessible for dowload here)
- No VML / AAM / FAI paperwork required. Everyone seems to be allowed to take part.
- No limitations on tools. 3s 5030, 4s 6045, every thing goes so long as you may control it.
- Make certain your failsafe is about to motors off (not idle). This might be checked in the beginning of the occasion. Drones with out correct failsafe settings will not be allowed to fly.
- Due to timing constraints, a most of three drones per pilot shall be allowed by way of the technical test.
- As common, solely 5.8GHz 25mW video transmitters might be allowed.
- To supply an optimum expertise for spectators, the large screens will likely be tuned to ImmersionRC channels 1 (5740 MHz), three (5780 MHz), 5 (5820 MHz) and seven (5860 MHz). We’ll not be utilizing raceband. Ensure that your video transmitter is ready to transmit on the listed frequencies (and convey your guide so you already know the dipswitch / led mixtures).
- Be sure to have easy accessibility to your video transmitter so as to swap between ImmersionRC channels 1, three, 5 and seven. You will probably be requested to vary channels as you progress by the event.
- You may be handed a frequency in the course of the technical test firstly of the occasion.
- There might be no free flying throughout this occasion, not even with fpv gear turned off. Ensure that your quad is correctly tuned and able to go.
- Solely the very best sixteen pilots will advance to the event, so go on the market and practice, apply, practice!